What are You Cooking the Week of July 21, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 21, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband will cook boneless pork chops tonight. A local stand had sweet corn, that he has just started picking locally, so I bought 6 ears and we will have some of it, along with microwaved green beans from our garden.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had sausage,eggs and toast for supper.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had ham steaks on the grill, with potato salad and a green salad with the greens and herbs from a huge pot on the deck.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Macaroni and cheese

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We're having a pot roast with some morels my son brought from PA and some local sweet corn.

chocomouse
                Participant

Chicken breasts marinated in Greek dressing, leftover potato salad, and a green salad.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For Tuesday’s dinner, I made my Turkey-Zucchini Loaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard glaze. We have been blest with abundant snow peas from our garden, so I used some in a stir-fry side dish of green onion, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, and farro that was first cooked in water and a bit of chicken drippings. It was delicious.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

No cooking here today,I went to a local BBQ restaurant and got smoked chicken,baked beans,slaw and corn on the cob.

navlys
                      Participant

I grilled boneless skinless marinated chicken thighs and served them with a cold orzo salad dressed with gazebo dressing, a little pesto, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight I cooked cubed steak,thickened potatoes and creamed corn.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                          BakerAunt
                          Participant

Wednesday’s dinner featured leftover Turkey-Zucchini Loaf. I made another vegetable stir-fry, using the same vegetables as last night, but this time I used freekeh as the grain. We like that grain's flavor. Next time I order from Bob's Red Mill, I need to buy a case.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made meatballs and spaghetti sauce today. I got to use some of my homegrown herbs for the meatballs, oregano and parsley. The meatballs and sauce are simmering right now, will be done soon. Will have it with a big salad.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

On Thursday, I made Cooks Illustrated All American Potato Salad, using red potatoes from an organic vendor at the local farmers market. The vital ingredient for us are Hengstenberg Crunchy Gherkins—a dill pickle from Germany that I’ve found at Tuesday Morning and sometime at Big Lots—especially during Octoberfest time. The pickle juice is slightly sweet, and some of it is used in the potato salad dressing, along with the pickles. I’ve tried using other pickles, and we did not like the flavor. The green onions I'm using are also from the farmers' market.

The potato salad will go well with the last of the turkey-zucchini loaf, probably accompanied by broccoli steamed in the microwave.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had fried chicken,chicken-n-dressing from the freezer,fresh macaroni and cheese and cranberry sauce.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.