What are You Cooking the Week of July 15, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 15, 2018?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Chicken thighs on the grill, with the last of the broccoli salad, a Greek style salad with tomatoes, cukes, and onion, and a green salad from the garden.

navlys
      Participant

I think I found the perfect chicken satay with peanut sauce recipe. I was going through " stuff" trying to declutter (not very successfully) and came upon the Holiday 2011 edition of the Baking Sheet. I just happened upon the satay recipe and gave it a try. The peanut sauce and marinade were both excellent. Another keeper I'm afraid.

navlys
        Participant

Correction to chicken satay recipe. It was found in the summer 2010 edition of The Baking sheet.

navlys
          Participant

One more thing . If you go to KA's site there is a thai peanut salad recipe with the peanut sauce recipe. One reviewer found the sauce to be thick. I used cheap coconut milk from the dollar store and it was thin and perfect for this sauce.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Friday dinner was Panko-Parmesan Coated boneless chicken breasts. I omitted the garlic and just used onion powder, chives, and pepper in the coating. We had it with cut-up roasted potatoes, rubbed in olive oil, then sprinkled with poultry seasoning and a bit of sweet curry. The potatoes are roasted for 30 minutes at 400F before the chicken breasts are added and the temperature dropped to 375F. I used russet potatoes because I needed to use them up. They were fine, but I prefer the thin-skinned potatoes for this recipe.

We had steamed green beans from the garden.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: clarity
              Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had pulled pork BBQ sandwich with chips and pickles...simple.

chocomouse
                Participant

Not much cooking happening with this heat, but we have rain and storms predicted for every day next week, starting after midnight tonight. Tonight we had burgers on the grill, and yesterday morning before the temps went up I made salads: pasta-veggies, seafood, cole slaw, tossed green salad, and olive rolls from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had tomato soup with Cheez-its floating in it,one of my favorites.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.