What are you Cooking the Week of January 30, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 30, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had the beef from the stock, it has been sitting in barbecue sauce all afternoon. Plus a salad.

RiversideLen
      Participant

On Monday and Tuesday, I made stir fry with pork I had in the freezer. Today I made a thin cheese pizza and soup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Dinner on Wednesday was a large chicken cutlet that I soaked in buttermilk then coated with Panko and baked in the small convection oven at 375F for 20 minutes. I also made a sauce of Baby Bella mushrooms sauteed in olive oil, to which I added a cup of chicken broth and some leftover evaporated milk, a bit of flour, fresh parsley, and pepper. I mixed it with cooked spinach noodles. We also had fresh microwaved broccoli.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Today I took some pulled pork from the freezer and made BBQ and with that we had baked beans and I made fresh coleslaw.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Looks like it is a coleslaw day, Joan!

I made a large bowl of coleslaw on Thursday to go with Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce for dinner.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I had more BBQ beef and a salad. My wife ordered from the Wendy's that opened a few blocks from us again, this time they got her order right.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had a burger and chicken veggie soup.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight it was leftover hamburger vegetable soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For dinner on Friday, my husband skillet-cooked some boneless pork ribs we had in the freezer. I made roasted, diced sweet potatoes. We also had coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight was eat what you can find in the fridge.I had taco meat heated with taco sauce made into a sloppy Joe and baked beans ,my husband had BBQ sandwich and canned soup.

chocomouse
                        Participant

I took the night off, too! I'm sick, not of cooking, but of having to figure out what to cook for dinner. So I had a mushroom soup from the freezer, and my husband had a hot dog and part of a can of Grillin' Beans.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I'm dealing with what I hope is just a mild cold, so I had a bowl of soup for lunch and a bowl of chili for supper. If I'm still feeling off on Monday, I'll run a home COVID test.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Here's best wishes for a quick recovery Mike.

I made stir-fry for Saturday dinner using leftover pork from last night’s dinner, soba noodles, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms, broccoli, and drippings from deglazing the pan last night. We have enough for leftovers tomorrow.

I sympathize Chocomouse, as I had one of those what is the meal plan for the rest of the week funks earlier this week. I try to come up with two possibilities then ask my husband's input on what order in which to do them unless I have a preference.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Most of the time I don't have dinner plans finalized until after 4PM, unless it's something that takes a long time to make, like most soups and chili. I tend to make things that give us several days worth of leftovers or things for the freezer.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Well, the fever seems to have broken overnight, and I don't feel light-headed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.