What are You Cooking the Week of January 19, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of January 19, 2020?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

So glad to hear your husband is feeling better, Joan. It may take a while before he feels really really good, just hang in there!

Our dinner tonight was creamed chicken on baked potatoes with brussel sprouts and a green salad.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Dinner tonight was pork chops, pan cooked. I made a pan sauce using lemon juice, chicken stock, some mustard and parsley. We also had steamed broccoli. The pan sauce was excellent, the mustard gave it a taste reminiscent of a milder Sauce Robert.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Those pork chops and pan sauce sounds so good Mike.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

They were very good. I salted and peppered them, sprinkled on a little marjoram, nutmeg and flour, let them sit for a half hour, then seared them in a little butter on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then flipped them over, covered the pan, reduced the heat and let them finish cooking until they were above 145 degrees. That kept them nice and moist and gave me a nice base for the pan sauce.

This is a pan sauce I'll make again. (And I might do that tomorrow, I bought two packages of these pork chops. They're thin ones, about 4 ounces, and were 88 cents each, but you can't often buy your protein for less than a dollar a serving.)

RiversideLen
            Participant

I'm making stuffed shells. I took 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, a baby eggplant and 2 cloves of garlic and gave it a ride in the food processor. Then I sauteed it all in a little olive oil until it was cooked down. After it cooled down I mixed it with about 1/2 container of Ricotta, put it in a piping bag and filled a half box of shells that I had already cooked. I made a simple sauce from canned tomatoes, just processed them in the food processor, added a little oregano, poured about 1/2 of that in a casserole dish and placed the stuffed shells in it, then covered it with the rest of the sauce. Topped it with some mozzarella and parm. I'll be putting it in the oven in a little while. This is an idea that I've had for a while, I hope it turns out.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Len that sounds good also!

Tonight I made hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and french fries.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Tonight we had spaghetti with mushroom sauce and semolina bread cheese toast.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For dinner on Friday, I made salmon and couscous, using dill as the seasoning, as I’ve not done that for a while. We had it with microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We have fish periodically, my wife usually has orange roughy in a lemon-butter sauce and I have salmon in butter. (She doesn't care for salmon.) I've been adding some dill and occasionally some rosemary to it.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Last night we had grilled chicken and potatoes roasted on the grill with leftover broccoli salad.

Tonight we had a chicken and veggie stew.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Our snow seems to have ended this evening. My husband estimates we got about 2 1/2 inches, although it's hard to tell because it's the wet snow. For dinner, I made comfort food: my healthier version of my mother's hamburger stroganoff over brown rice and a wild rice medley, along with fresh broccoli steamed in the microwave.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had BLT's on semolina bread tonight. I gave my wife several choices, that one sounded best to both of us.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight my husband wanted bean and bacon soup so I ate the rest of the BBQ on a sandwich.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.