What are you Cooking the Week of January 17, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 17, 2021?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had ham fried rice with bread -n-butter.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made a big bowl of tuna salad and we had it on lavash and naan, with some Costco chocolate mousse cake for dessert.

Italiancook
        Participant

What do you put in your tuna salad, Mike. I add tomato, capers, celery, and sometimes a boiled egg with olive oil, mayo, and a smidgen yellow mustard.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Today I used 2 stalks of chopped celery, about 5 chopped eggs, a small jar of diced pimento peppers and mayo, to 3 cans of tuna. Sometimes we use Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

A local sandwich shop my wife likes puts sweet pickle relish in theirs. They have a pretty good egg salad, too, but it has too much onion in it. Last time we were there, as few days ago, I had a sandwich that was half tuna salad, half egg salad. I thought it was pretty good, my wife still thought there was too much onion.

Italiancook
            Participant

I forgot, I also put onion in my tuna salad. I had never thought of diced pimento, but I always have some in my fridge. Did your sandwich shop serve the half 'n half sandwich on toast or plain bread?

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

They make their own bread, they kind of remind me of a cross between a bun and a ciabatta. They come in both a white and a whole wheat version, hence their name, 'White or Wheat'.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Tonight is pizza night again here. I'm using the Roman dough again, but this time I left out the triticale and I'm going to bake it on the bottom rack at a lower temperature, to see if I can get it a bit crisper.

Italiancook
                  Participant

I made egg salad for lunch. Now, only 1 slice of homemade bread in the freezer.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I'm making beef stew for Friday's dinner. As usual, I'm more than doubling everything except for the beef.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I took some Brunswick stew from freezer, it was good on this cool rainy day.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Tonight's pizza

pizza2

I left the triticale out of the dough, I also let it warm up longer, so it stretched better. I baked it on the underside of my sheet pan so the edges were easier to reach, and we cut it with scissors!

It had less sauce than the last one, more artichokes, more Havarti and a sprinkling of 4 cheese blend. Rather than tomatoes from the garage, I drained a can of diced tomatoes and put them on. I baked it on the bottom rack starting at 375, turning the temperature up a little as it baked so the bottom element remained on, the crust was nice and brown on the bottom and nice and crisp, too.

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

Another great looking pizza, Mike.

I had roasted salmon with pasta and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Your pizza looks good Mike I'll be making one soon.

Tonight my husband made himself soup and sandwich I had a BLT and a muffin.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I had roasted pork, whipped sweet potato, broccoli and carrot.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.