What are you Cooking the Week of February 26, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 26, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Nothing planned for supper yet.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had baked chicken, baked beans and coleslaw.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I roasted a chicken for Sunday dinner and also roasted sweet potato chunks. We had it with microwaved frozen peas.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Will made fried buttermilk chicken tenders from scratch, our family's favorite potato salad, cornbread and sliced tomato with lettuce. Delicious and tender chicken - so glad we have leftovers.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had leftover roast chicken, bulgur cooked in chicken broth, and microwaved frozen peas.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I roasted a chicken today, had it with noodles and Brussel sprouts and cauliflower. It's a chicken that I had in the freezer since June, 2021. It's still good!

chocomouse
                  Participant

Not much cooking here, since I got back from a week in Maine last night and am exhausted. On the way home, we stopped at Trader Joe's and I bought dinner for tonight: a cruciferous chopped salad with sesame ginger dressing, and chicken sausages. So I just had to heat up the sausages, which were very mild, not a lot of flavor, but the salad was excellent.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On Tuesday, I cooked bulgur in broth again, but this time I mixed it with sauteed celery, red bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. We had it with more of the roasted chicken and microwaved fresh broccoli.

I also made yogurt on Tuesday, using my new ChefAlarm, which arrived yesterday. It was much easier monitoring the temperature of the milk as it was heating and holding for ten minutes, and I also used it to monitor the temperature until the milk had cooled enough to be added to the starter yogurt. I am pleased with it, so thanks to Mike Nolan and CWCdesign for their recommendations. It has made my life much easier.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

My husband pan cooked pork on Wednesday, and I roasted sweet potato chunks to go with it. We also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Salmon patties,cheese grits and coleslaw.Today was my 68th Birthday and I feel blessed, nothing special today got lots of calls and messages.Flowers from our son and wife and my Granddaughters called and we had good conversations so I'll go to bed with a smile on my heart.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Happy Birthday, Joan!

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Happy birthday, Joan, hope you enjoyed your special day.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

Happy Birthday, Joan!

chocomouse
                                Participant

Happy Birthday, Joan. Glad you received lots of love on your special day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.