What are you Cooking the Week of February 19, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 19, 2023?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Fried cubed pork,leftover mixed greens,macaroni and cheese and potato salad.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had theatre tickets this afternoon (Legally Blonde) and were kind of tired afterwards, so Diane had some soup and I had some leftover spaghetti.

Italiancook
        Participant

cwcdesign, thanks for your suggestions. I like the idea of a heatproof band. I'll check Lowe's to see if they have them. The outside of my slow cooker becomes hot to the touch. Velcro would work, but may not be safe with the heat. Mike, I've thought of putting books on top, but a little bit of steam comes out along the lip of the cover. I giveaway books I don't want, and I don't have any I'm willing to sacrifice to steam. Both your ideas are better than the one I thought of.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

It depends on the contour of the lid, if it is relatively flat then you've got a lot of options, but probably need something heavy, waterproof and not easily broken, in case it falls off. It would help if it had some kind of a handle to make it easy to pick up. A sad iron, maybe? (Do people still have these?)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.