What are you Cooking the Week of February 12, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 12, 2023?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had fried cubed pork,baked sweet potato and green butter beans.

chocomouse
      Participant

Thursday dinner was egg salad on rye bread. Eggs are cheaper now -- $4.89 a dozen for large.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I think we're just going to have more chili tonight.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt today. For dinner, I made more muddled mashed potatoes to go with the leftover pork tenderloin and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Chocomouse--I paid $3 a dozen for eggs at Aldi's today.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Tonight I made Sesame Ginger Orange Chicken Salad from Half Baked Harvest. The first dinner I've cooked in over a week. It's been hot and this salad is nice and bright, plus it will be good as leftovers.

The last two weeks we have been crazy busy packing up the condo - we moved everything including the appliances into a friend's storage locker on Monday and have rented a condo in the complex for four weeks while the renovations are being done. I decided to rip off the bandaid and do it all at once - popcorn ceilings, floors, kitchen and bathrooms - in the long run it will take less time and save money. We are not moving walls or plumbing or putting in fancy beams. We tore out one wall to give the kitchen a peninsula and a view of the lagoon - I am getting a baking corner. We're keeping everything as simple as possible. I bought the LVP at Home Depot back in January. Still working out other details. Fingers crossed - so far no major hiccups.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had leftover baked chicken in BBQ gravy over rice and leftover green butterbeans.

Congrats on getting your renovations all done Cwcdesign, hoping all goes well for y'all!

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I hope they can get it done on schedule, I've heard too many stories of remodeling projects in the last year or two that ran months because of shortages in supplies and labor.

chocomouse
                  Participant

cwdesign, that sounds like a wonderful project!! I think you're doing it the right way, too -- just move out, hopefully it will be for the length of time you've planned! A view of the lagoon -- Wow!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Best wishes for a speedy and successful renovation, CWCdesign. I agree with moving out and doing it all at once. I hope the contractor can complete it in the allotted time. That view will be fabulous!

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Light supper for us-I had a grilled cheese and my husband had soup.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

It was not as cold today as it was yesterday and last night, but Saturday was still a cold enough day for Turkey, Mushroom, and Spinach Lasagna, which we had with microwaved fresh broccoli. I cut back the ricotta to 10 oz. from 12 oz. I plan to use the leftover for a cookie recipe tomorrow, since ricotta does not keep well once it is opened. I have used 15 oz. in the lasagna before, but that is too much.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I think we're going to have tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches on honey wheat bread.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Dinner tonight was chicken, squash from the freezer, and roasted mixed veggies: carrots, potatoes, and cauliflower, drizzled with mango balsamic.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Since the windows are already in and three out of 4 appliances are already here, we're in pretty good shape. I bought the flooring at the beginning of January and it's in my contractor's warehouse. The kitchen cabinets are semi custom and the cabinet maker is confident on getting them in quickly. By Monday afternoon, we should have nailed down color etc. My plan is to get fixtures and tile that are already in stock. So fingers crossed.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.