What are you Cooking the week of February 10, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of February 10, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a pot roast for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had Tacos from a local restaurant and they were good.No cooking for me today except I did make French Toast for breakfast.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Sunday’s dinner, I made the “Pizza Beans” from Smitten Kitchen Every Day. I first made this recipe last fall, but at the time, my husband requested that next time I make it, I add ground turkey, so I did. I had mozzarella on hand, thanks to Mike Nolan’s helpful advice that it can be frozen. (I freeze it in 4 oz. amounts, tightly wrapped in saran, then sealed in a baggie.) I decrease her amount of cheese from 8 oz. to 4 oz. and use one made with part skim milk. I cooked my own large lima beans from scratch. I do not have the Italian type she uses, so I just used the large lima beans sold by Bob’s Red Mill. We like this recipe, so it will stay in the repertoire. It was particularly nice on a cold day in which it snowed heavily all afternoon.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

chocomouse
            Participant

To use up some leftovers, we had quesidillas for dinner tonight - green peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives, thin sliced pork, salsa, Monterey Jack and pizza blend cheese. Not quick and easy, with all the prep and standing at the stove, but tasty and warmed up the kitchen on a cold and snowy night. We've got a prediction of 12 inches.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Made a small boneless pork roast tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf,macaroni and cheese and fried okra.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had lima beans ,rice and a fried smoked pork chop.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had spaghetti and meat balls for supper, and it was like an episode of the Keystone Kops. I nearly knocked the bowl of meat off the counter twice, I did manage to knock the lazy Susan off the spice rack, which broke a glass toothpick holder and spilled toothpicks and spices all over the floor.

When I was making the pasta, I put the first egg in the meatball bowl instead of the pasta bowl, so the meatballs wound up with two eggs in them instead of one. I added a little more oatmeal to help it bind together. The meatballs were pretty good, though, I may use 2 eggs to 1 pound of ground beef (85% lean) next time.

And I managed to leave the cheese bread in the broiler a little too long so it was almost burnt. Still edible, though.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I know we can all relate to those kind of days Mike.Sounds like you had a good one.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On Wednesday, I was going to make a stir-fry using leftover pork that my husband had cooked for dinner on Tuesday, but I got busy on something else, and next thing I knew it was nearly 6:30. So, last night, we each had a pork chop sandwich with a slice of bread each and steamed broccoli. Tonight, I will make sure that I get dinner preparations started in a timely fashion, and we will have pork stir fry with celery, broccoli, red bell pepper, mushrooms, de-fatted pork drippings, onion (turns out we had no green onion), and soba noodles.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
                          Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Dinner tonight will be steak, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had cubed steak,garden peas and carrots and macaroni and tomatoes.

navlys
                              Participant

Well I found TJ’s pizza crust this year in Florida. But alas couldn’t find Dom Pepino’s pizza sauce?. So I ordered 12 cans online! It is supposed to be here today and I’m ready for it but it hasn’t arrived yet so we may have breakfast for dinner. I can’t use 12 cans so i’m Planning on giving several away to people in the building.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had Taco salad,I rolled mine in a flour tortilla to make like a burrito.Easy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.