What are You Cooking the Week of December 26, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of December 26, 2021?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We're having left over chili tonight, and probably the last of the cinnamon rolls (except for the two that I froze) if they're still good.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The cinnamon rolls were still soft enough a week after they were made that all I needed to do was heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds. And unlike the popovers I made on Christmas day, they hadn't developed any mold, either.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Dinner on New Year's Day was pork loin roast with butternut squash, kale, and barley, which is a favorite meal of ours. I adapted it from a Cook's Illustrated recipe.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

For our New Years supper we had Ham,blackeyed peas,rice,corn bread and chocolate pudding.Our son is going home early tomorrow morning so it's gonna be quiet here...but I have enjoyed him so much and he has ate a lot of Mama's cooking and he cooked some steaks that was off the chain.

chocomouse
            Participant

Our dinner was grilled salmon, risotto with broccoli, and buttercup squash.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had spaghetti with meat and mushroom sauce, plus oven cheese toast.

Bel Gioioso makes a 4 cheese blend that is very similar to the one I used to get at Sams Club, this one has asiago, fontina, provolone and parmesan, I also sprinkled some romano, since the Sams blend had that instead of fontina; it was quite good.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I pulled out some turkey from the freezer, had it with gravy, tiny roasted potatoes and spinach.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.