What are you Cooking the Week of August 4, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 4, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Joan--My mother was a big fan of cold pizza for breakfast! Your pizza looks wonderful, and I approve of ALL the toppings!

I made minestrone on Wednesday for lunch for today and into the week. I have not made it in ages and had forgotten how good it is, especially with fresh green beans from our garden.

For dinner, I made chicken salad from the rest of the roasted chicken breast meat. We had it on the buns I baked yesterday, along with more of the green bean, cherry tomato, and feta salad.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I had a t-bone steak, but saved about half of the meat to put on salads, Diane had the rest of her salad from yesterday.

chocomouse
        Participant

That pizza looks wonderful, Joan. I can even smell it! All my favorite ingredients.

chocomouse
          Participant

For dinner tonight, we had ribs and corn on the cob cooked on the grill, and potato salad I made this morning.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I made a batch of custard tonight.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made yogurt on Thursday, a day early, as I will not have time to make it tomorrow. I also made green bean, cherry tomato, and feta salad again. We had it for dinner with the rest of the chicken salad on more of the rolls.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had taco salads using the leftover T-bone steak meat from yesterday as the protein.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had a hamburger I needed to cook and pickles.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

That pizza looks delicious, Joan, it's one of Nature's perfect foods!

I can't believe it's Thursday already. On Sunday I made steak and hot dogs on the BBQ. So, Sunday was a steak and a hot dog with rice and bbq beans (from a can) and a salad. Monday was leftover steak and hotdog. Tuesday was an Italian sausage with pasta, green beans and a corn on the cob. Yesterday was rotisserie chicken, pasta with sauteed mushrooms and green beans. Tonight was rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, green beans with carrot, and some potato salad.

navlys
                      Participant

I made the panzanella salad and it was ok but not worth all the effort. It involved a lot of cutting and slicing and weighing and measuring and squishing (garlic) and washing of dishes and utensils. Maybe I should have found short cuts. Nyt recipes are always involved!

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Navlys--I refuse to squish garlic. Instead, I break out the garlic powder.

We had another easy meal on Friday of ham sandwiches on buns and green bean, tomato, and feta salad.

I heard that Vermont is getting a lot of rain, so I hope Chocomouse and her husband are ok.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I had a tomato and salami sandwich, Diane had beany-weenie

chocomouse
                            Participant

BLTs here.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Will made Ina's chicken noodle soup with half home made stock and rotisserie chicken. We had his semolina sourdough bread as toast - it has a great texture. Soup seemed counter intuitive for this awful hot weather but it was just right.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I made a veggie lasagna tonight, with zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach, with alfredo sauce and cheeses.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.