What are you cooking the week of April 1, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of April 1, 2018?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had tomato soup and cheese sandwiches tonight. I've got a pork loin roast I'm probably making tomorrow, but today kind of got away from me.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had baked pork tenderloin,baked potatoes and butter beans.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I roasted two turkey tenders for lunch sandwiches, and I'm planning to do a pork roast for supper.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made Curried Egg and Ham Casserole (details in separate cooking thread) and had some for lunch. It makes six servings, so I'll be eating it for lunch the rest of the week.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had cold plates today.Tossed salad,tuna salad,pear salad,cheese-n-crackers and jello that I made using pear juice for the cold water part.We like a lot of canned fruit,peaches,pears,pineapple and when I drain them I save the juice for jello,makes it so good.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Today we had left over pork roast. I made a simplified Sauce Robert (I used beef stock instead of demi-glace.) It didn't come out as thick as a Sauce Robert, nor did I expect it to, since it didn't have any starch to act as a thickener, but the taste was close enough to the classic version I made two weeks ago that it went very well with the pork.

Next time I roast a chicken, I'm going to try a classic hunter's sauce, or Sauce Chasseur (mushroom sauce), with the rest of the demi-glace concentrate.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Spaghetti and meat sauce last night and tonight we had left over pork tenderloin,turnips,and corn bread and I made fresh macaroni and cheese.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Taco salad easy one tonight!

chocomouse
                    Participant

Last night we had grilled chicken thighs, sliced potatoes drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and sprinkled with Boursin, and cole slaw. Tonight we are pretending it is summer (ha! we got about 2 inches of snow yesterday! some areas near us got over 5 inches) so I'm planning southern style ribs, potato salad, and a green salad from under the gro-lights.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Chocomouse--Sometimes you have to make your own summer! We had snow earlier this week, but it did not stick. We are having daily temperature highs in the 30s.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
                      Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.