What are You Baking the Week of September 3, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of September 3, 2017?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Great to see you posting, Cass, hopefully the changes I made to the site made it less onerous to log in.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I find it harder to mis-measure an ingredient if I weigh it.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I needed to use the lovely peaches I bought at Saturday's farmers' market, so on Wednesday, I tried a new recipe, "Peach Cobbler with Cinnamon-Swirl Biscuits," which appeared in Comfort Cooking Recipes (2002), a special issue from Better Homes and Gardens. I had trouble with the biscuit dough, so I'll post about it in the desserts section. However, the dessert is delicious, so I will make it again.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Saturday afternoon, I baked another recipe that issue of Comfort Cooking Recipes: "Walnut-Pear Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I used my last two pears from a previous farmers' market, which took a while to ripen. I did not have a problem with the flour in this recipe, although I substituted in 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour for that much regular flour. It baked very well in a 9-inch springform pan. I'll report back on taste and texture by adding to this post.

We very much liked the warm coffee cake. I'll keep the recipe for when pears are available again. The pears I used were organic, because the people keep bees and so do not spray. They are not "pretty" pears, but I realized this evening that they remind me of the pears that grew on the tree behind my grandmother's house in Tennessee. These pears baked very well.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by BakerAunt.
            Joan Simpson
            Participant

I'm baking cinnamon rolls tonight with cream cheese icing.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.