What are you Baking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I will be making peanut butter cookies again this morning, so my wife has some fresh ones to take to her brother-in-law.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

What the peanut butter cookie recipe is for most of the people here at Nebraska Kitchen is what the Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe from Jenny Can Cook is for me.

On Monday, I baked my adaptation of this recipe, but I used dried cherries in place of the raisins. That makes the cookies slightly less sweet but still delicious. I will do that substitution again when we want a change.

I also baked my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from the dough I made last week.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Have you tried them with dried cranberries? I've put them in spice/fruit bars and they were very good.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made my usual rye/semolina/wheat buns this afternoon.

buns

That's what a bun is supposed to look like!

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Joan Simpson
            Participant

Len your buns looks amazing!

BakerAunt
              Participant

Your recipe is great, Len, and you have the burger buns to prove it!

Mike--I have used dried cranberries, but my husband is not fond of them. He will eat them to get the cookie, but he would rather I use raisins or cherries. I might try dates, one of these days. I have some dried fruit, but I think that he would be less happy with that than the cranberries.

chocomouse
                Participant

The buns look perfect, Len! Nice shape and good color too.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I have had a busy Friday in the kitchen. In the morning, I baked the Asparagus, Scallion, and Goat Cheese quiche recipe that I adapted last year from one in Cooks' Country. That made for a late lunch, as I had to wait for it to cool. I enjoy asparagus season!

In the late afternoon, as I was preparing dinner, I started the dough for three loaves of my Whole Wheat Oat Bran Bread, so it will be after 9:30 p.m. before the loaves are baked.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I need to make another batch of peanut butter cookies, either tonight or tomorrow.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We grilled more Asiago Rounds tonight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.