What are you Baking the week of March 17, 2019?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the week of March 17, 2019?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Cheer up, yesterday was the first full day of spring and the temperature in Nebraska hit the mid 60's today, with a high of 72 forecast for next Thursday.

chocomouse
      Participant

Baker Aunt, yes great minds do think alike! I also made a whole grain bread yesterday, and used KAF's Harvest Grains blend. It is one of my favorites, along with the new(er) Super 10 blend. I have a standard base recipe I use for most of my "daily breads", when I'm not trying out something new. I use 2 cups of regular whole wheat flour, 1 cup of AP, 1 cup of something else (rye, oats, or more AP or WW, etc) and a cup of grains and seeds (KAF or Bob's Red Mill or my own mix of whatever is in the pantry and needs to be used up). I always use buttermilk, and knead it in the bread machine, it makes 2 loaves.

Does anyone else use the Super 10? I'm not real pleased with it but haven't found the right changes to make it better (I've used the recipe on the bag and also my "daily bread" recipe). The bread is rather dry and crumbly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.