What are You Baking the Week of July 9, 2017?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of July 9, 2017?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'm planning French toast for tomorrow's breakfast, but other than that, I may need to live vicariously this week by reading about what everyone else is baking. ๐Ÿ™‚

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

For the first time, I made cupcakes. I used KAF Banana Cupcakes w/Peanut Butter Frosting. The recipe called for Cake Enhancer (optional) for moisture. I didn't have any, and didn't want to buy it, but will consider it if there's ever a next time. Frosting recipe calls for 3/4 cup peanut butter and salt. I used only 1/2 cup and left out the salt. The finished product was peanut buttery enough, with plenty of salt from the peanut butter. The lack of added salt did not detract from the sweetness.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made 2 loaves of Rum soaked raisin and cinnamon bread from the Amish bread recipe and added in buttermilk for half the liquid-called for 2 cups water so I added one cup buttermilk,added an egg and some left over mashed potatoes.Turned out good and sturdy,didn't cave when it was turned out,very happy!

rottiedogs
          Participant

I have a banana chocolate chip coffee cake in the oven right now. It's supposed to be a copy cat of something served at Starbucks. This is a first bake for this recipe. It smells really good baking so I'm hoping the taste matches.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I needed a break from packing. I found an overlooked bag of cinnamon chips in the refrigerator, so I made cinnamon biscotti. I usually add 1/3 cup pecan meal, but I have some to use up, so I added 2/3 cup. The dough was a little more crumbly than usual, so I did the second bake for the longer time of 20 minutes rather than 15.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
              BakerAunt
              Participant

I made my version of Chex Party Mix--increasing the recipe by 25% in order to use up ingredients. I baked it an extra 15 minutes. (I usually bake it for an hour, and stir every 15 minutes.) I'll give a generous bag to my younger stepson when he comes for our last Sunday dinner here.

I also baked the KAF Eggnog Scones, since I had eggnog in the freezer. I scaled up the recipe by 25%, which presented a problem since a single egg needed to be scaled up as well. I decided to use the one egg and 1 tsp. flax meal, mixed with 3 tsp. water. I always substitute in some whole wheat pastry flour, but this time I used more. I also threw in a generous 1/3 cup of pecan meal. I cut each circle of dough into 8 wedges, which I completely separate from the circle and bake in rows. They were slightly crowded on the cookie sheet (my larger one is packed), but they baked well. I had to skip the step of freezing them for 30 minutes before baking.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I baked a chocolate cake and sandwich buns.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.