What are You Baking the Week of January 7, 2018?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of January 7, 2018?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Saturday afternoon, I baked a new recipe, "Chai-Spiced Pound Cake," which appeared in one of KAF's fall catalogs. I made two changes to the recipe: I reduced the salt to 3/4 tsp., and I substituted in 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour. I baked it in my Bundt Quartet pan, which is a 9 cup pan that makes 4 small cakes. However, these cakes came out particularly small. I reviewed the comments online, and apparently--in spite of the picture in the catalog--it does make a small cake, even when a 9-10 cup Bundt pan is used. KAF recommends making 1 1/2 x the recipe for a taller Bundt. It would have been nice to have had that information included in the recipe. I think that this recipe would likely work well in a 6-cup Bundt pan. It has a wonderful flavor.

Saturday evening, I made Cherry Granola. I have the recipe posted on this site.

chocomouse
      Participant

Today I made sandwich bread using KAF's Harvest Grain mix, a favorite of ours. I also made Blueberry Orange muffins, using some leftover candied orange peel I made a month ago.

cwcdesign
        Participant

BA, thanks for the feedback on the Chai Spice pound cake. I’ve been wanting to try it. I’m going to start looking at Homegoods for a couple of 6-cup Bundt pans - I think the size would be a great addition to our bake sale

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.