What are You Baking the Week of April 16, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of April 16, 2017?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I baked yesterday, but here is the thread for anyone who will start the baking week today.

Spread the word
      KIDPIZZA
      Participant

I baked yesterday, but here is the thread for anyone who will start the baking week today.

BAKERAUNT:
        Good afternoon Marliss. I just now received word our dear baking friend CINDY passed away yesterday in Houston Texas.

~KIDPIZZA.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by KIDPIZZA.
        BakerAunt
        Participant

Thank you, Cass. I was busy with Easter dinner on Sunday, so I only saw your post after I read the thread someone else started.

Today, in honor of Mrs. Cindy, and in celebration of her life, I baked her Irish Oatmeal Bread (with a few changes). It is now cooling on the rack, and I look forward to having it at breakfast tomorrow.

I also baked a new recipe, "White Chocolate and Cherry Cookies," from Cookies Galore, by Jacqueline Bellefontaine (p. 87). It's one of those cookbooks that I likely picked up at Tuesday Morning. We will sample them tonight for dessert. I do like that they also include oatmeal. It made 28 rather than the 24 the recipe specified, but then, what is "drop by dessertspoonfuls"? I used my 1 Tbs. scoop.

Addendum: The cookies are ok but not "bake me again" special.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by BakerAunt.
          • This reply was modified 7 years ago by BakerAunt.
          • This reply was modified 7 years ago by BakerAunt. Reason: added addendum
          RiversideLen
          Participant

Last night I made a pizza of sorts. I spread a thin layer of refried beans over the dough, then spread a moderate layer of mole sauce, then ground pork and cheese. It wasn't beautiful but it tasted pretty good.

mole-pizza

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Looks good Len. My wife says it sounds a lot like a quesadilla.

BakerAunt
              Participant

On Saturday, I baked a new recipe, "Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Bundt Cake" (p. 71), from One Layer Cakes, a special issue of Bake from Scratch that I picked up at Barnes & Noble last week. It requires boiling down cider from 6 cups to 1 1/2, but I had a bottle of boiled cider in the refrigerator, which needed to be used, so I used it, and I substituted a Gala apple for the McIntosh specified. I baked it in my older Bundt pan. I only used half of the cinnamon sugar topping that is sprinkled over the glaze. (What were they thinking?)

I also baked spritz cookies with pastel sprinkles. The cake and cookies are for the after service social time at church tomorrow.

For dinner, I made pizza, using the KAF Ultra-Thin Crust Pizza dough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.