The “old” MIRACLE WHIP” is back.

Home Forums General Discussions The “old” MIRACLE WHIP” is back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wonky
    Participant

I had read in "Womans Day", that Kraft was bringing back the original, tangy Miracle Whip. My husband was thrilled. He is a huge fan, but always complained that the Miracle Whip we have all used for quite some years was just not "RIGHT". Yesterday, while shopping, I looked for it, and sure nuff, they were in the process of stocking the shelves with this "new, old" MW. Of course, I had to make a Tuna Salad, which my husband loves, for supper that same day. He "loved it"..and ate practically the whole bowl. Another of his favorites is my potato salad, so he has asked me for that for Monday supper. I plan to do that, but am trying to come up with some sort of request as a bribe. Hmmmm...maybe a trip to Milwaukee for the "Proven Winners" Work shop. If you are going to look for it, look for the jar that has the gold seal on the front label that says "Gold Standard Recipe".

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Ooh, I need to buy a new jar anyway, I'll have to look at the label carefully. We've been buying Miracle Whip Lite lately, I wonder if it has changed as well?

S_Wirth
        Participant

I love Miracle Whip and the newer one just wasn't the same. Will be looking for the new 'old' one around here. Last night, after reading this post I had a Miracle Whip sandwich...just MW on bread.

wonky
          Participant

Mike and Swirth...although I didn't get the potato salad made on Monday, I purchased new baby red potato's today, so will try for Wednesday supper.

Swirth...although I have never had a MW sandwich, I have had sweet onion, and ripe tomato sandwich's with MW. Yum, thanks for reminding me.

Made a large pan of chili today, and had ground bologna, sweet pickle relish and MW sandwich's on my fresh baked oatmeal/molasses...yum. No complaints from DH at all.

S_Wirth
            Participant

We got a jar of the Gold Standard Recipe Miracle Whip on sale a few weeks ago. The expiration date of 9/29/2017 seemed like a short product life compared to the one we'd been buying for several years. Some of those ones had a two year shelf life.

I thought the 'old' is 'new' again had just come back on the market recently. Today, I went to Miracle Whip Facebook page and it shows it came back in April 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/miraclewhip/

I'd read the re-done version of recent years had far less oil in it and they added lots of other stuff to make up for the less oil.

Oil can go rancid after awhile so I'm guessing the Gold Standard Recipe has all the original oil quantity and with more oil the shelf life is considerably shorter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.