SNL satire of Chopped

Home Forums General Discussions SNL satire of Chopped

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

If you're a fan of Chopped (or perhaps especially if you're not), Saturday Night Live did a satire of it on Saturday that really nailed the show:

SNL Chopped skit

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

I like "Chopped" because it somehow inspires me to use up what I have in the cupboard and fridge (short for frigedaire) in a creative way. I just wish we could see how they put some of the sauces together from beginning to end. Funny skit.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I actually stayed up to watch SNL's first hour (Emma Thompson is never to be missed!). The skit is even funnier watching it the second time.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I seldom watch SNL any more, most of the time it just isn't funny, this was one of the best skits I've seen in years, though.

aaronatthedoublef
            Participant

This is HILARIOUS!

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Chopped is about the only thing I still watch on the Guy Fieri AKA Food Network these days. I watch it in part for the strange ingredients they keep coming up with (which SNL nailed!) and to see what the chefs do with things that are every day ingredients for many home cooks but which many of them wouldn't normally touch on a bet.

How many of us would know what a durian was without Chopped? (BTW, there was a story recently about a college library in Australia that was evacuated because someone left a durian in a trash bin.)

I agree with the lament that I'd like to see a bit more of the actual cooking, like how they make their sauces. (Having read several books on stocks and sauces, I think I can connect the dots a bit, though.)

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I like Chopped and this was funny.I did read about those stinky durians also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.