Salted Caramel Bundt Cake

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Salted Caramel Bundt Cake

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I came across this recipe and I'm getting ready to try it. First of all, when I saw that it had a store bought creamer, I was skeptical. But I read the label of the simply pure and it contains skim milk, cane sugar, cream and less than. 2% natural flavor and guar gum, so I decided to go for it.

The directions have me a little confused. You combine the dry ingredients and then blend in the wet ones. I read the comments and the only clarification she gave was that that was the correct order and she changed the ingredients to show the butter should be room temperature. Obviously, I would make sure everything would be at room temp.

My question for all of you is: would you add the wet ingredients one at a time? I thought about combining them, but then the butter wouldn't behave. Her version supposedly does work according to the comments, so I thought I would try it and then if I like the cake make it in a traditional way if I think that would be better.

Interesting note: I put in the URL and the box at the top printed. I wonder if the blogger uses WordPress

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by cwcdesign.
      cwcdesign
      Participant

I made this on Friday. I decided to make sure all the ingredients were at room temperature. I weighed my flour and guessed at using KAF's 4.25 ounces per cup and I'm glad I did - I think it was the right amount of flour. With the flour mixture in the KA stand mixer, I put it on "stir" and started adding the wet ingredients one at a time, the creamer, the butter (1 stick at a time), the vanilla and the eggs (also one at a time). I did have to increase the speed to 2 for mixing and then I beat it for 3 minutes per instructions. It is what I have learned from Great British Bake Off a Drizzle Cake. The butter syrup is delicious, but I didn't poke big enough holes for it all to seep in - I used a bamboo skewer - next time a chopstick. So the cake is a little drier near the top. The salted caramel sauce is a keeper. It is definitely worth making again.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by cwcdesign.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.