My Nebraska Kitchen

Home Forums General Discussions My Nebraska Kitchen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rascals1
    Participant

A big thank you for getting this up and on it's way so our baking family can reunite.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

You're quite welcome, I know I'd miss everyone, too. I hope a lot of the BC-ers come over. But the real key to maintaining and building a viable online community will be to bring in newcomers. That'll take some promotion work on my part.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Hi Rascals! I've already commented on a members news post

NancyG
          Participant

Thanks Mike. I look forward to a continuing baking community - or communities!
            Changed my name from "ncgnet" used on KAF site to NancyG.

cocoowner
            Participant

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for starting this website. I didn't contribute very much to the King Arthur forum but I read it a lot. Thanks
              again.

Renee (alias Cocoowner)

msbelle
              Participant

Hi Mike, thanks so much for setting up a website similar (maybe better) than the KA Baking Circle. Due to my husband's illness, I've not been active for a number of years. But had recently decided to attempt SOurdough and logged in the KA message board to do research and was shocked to learn it was being shut down. Feels like being kicked out of the family. Even though I didn't need y'all all the time, I always knew the "family" was there if I needed helping with my baking.

I spent all weekend reading ALL the Sourdough threads. There were twenty something of them and there is so much valuable information for bakers like me. Such a loss. When we all get settled down, I'll start a thread on Tips for sourdough bakers.

Again, thanks much. Jeanelle (msbelle)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by msbelle.
                • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by msbelle.
                Nina Beyt
                Participant

I thanked Mike privately but not publicly. Three cheers, Mike! You're one of the ones I would truly have missed.

CindyLeigh
                  Participant

Thanks Mike! And I agree with you on garlic-- I, too, have visited northern Italy-- Turin and Como-- no garlic!
                    Cindy

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I have all my recipes from the King Arthur Baking Circle posted here now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.