Italian Measuring Spoons

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Italian Measuring Spoons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

Does anyone have a guess as to where I can go to order measuring spoons made in Italy that are the type Italian cooks in Italy would use? Amazon doesn't have them. I Googled "Where can I buy Italian measuring spoons" and came up with nothing.

A pensione in Tuscany, Italy e-mailed me some of their recipes. Mostly desserts. My computer tech had to use Word to translate them from Italian into English. Quite slowly, I've been accumulating the items I need to bake these recipes. Now, I only need the measuring spoons. I want to replicate the Italian version of the recipes instead of the translated version. But maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps the tools Italian's use are the same as American kitchen tools. I've thought of e-mailing the pensione about this, but that option is no longer available.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Would they use metric measurements? Try searching for 'metric measuring spoons'.

Wasn't it Frick who was going to look around for a true Italian rosette stamp when she was there a year or so ago? Did any one save the 'Bread I had in Italy' thread from the old BC?

Followup: Rottiedogs has posted that thread. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Mike Nolan.
        rottiedogs
        Participant

I saved it. I just posted it. I also have frick's recipe in Italian for the rolls. I'll post that too.

Italiancook
          Participant

Of course, Mike. Metric measuring spoons. That's what I need to search for. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I've purchased a metric scale for these recipes. And, a metric beaker. So metric measuring spoons has to be correct. Thanks!

Nina Beyt
            Participant

It's a sad day when I can't buy something I want that is less than a dinner out. I had every intention of buying the rosetta roll stamp in Italy and did find a couple of cookware stores. One particular store owner couldn't have been nicer but didn't have such an esoteric item. He gave me directions to another place but two things made a wreck of our stay in Rome.

One, and if you hadn't heard, was when the international terminal in Rome was gutted by fire when we were in the air to our first leg, London. There we were stranded, with no BPounds (just Euros) and no conversion power supply cords for computer or phones for British power outlets (had for Italy only). Such a mess. You could not fly to Rome from outside Italy because there were no facilities for customs inspections, etc. By the time we got there (fly to Naples, cab to city center for train to Rome), our time there was severely shortened.

Secondly, I spent 24 hours with turista, running for facilities and spending the afternoon so engaged in a metro station.

So no roll stamp. It's time I tried to make them by the folding method. Plenty of videos to watch. The flavor of the rolls was underwhelming, but the whole point was to have the hole in the center to fill with butter, or jam.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

These days I'm increasingly likely to measure small amounts of ingredients using my small digital scale, which weighs in 0.1 gram increments. I started doing this with pie doughs and filling, where I had the recipe in Baker's Math format.

I may try looking for a rosetta stamp at J. P. Graziano Grocery in Chicago, if anybody in this country knows where to find one, it'll be them.

KIDPIZZA
                Participant

I already ordered them for my friends...I am not getting one however, I cannot bake any yeasted anything.

But soon I will be baking cookies for friends. A all morning affair at my lady friend's home.... am not looking forward to it.... it's something I have to do.

Enjoy the day

~CASS.

omaria
                  Participant

Cass, Your last sentence made me sad, I hope that it will turn out better than you are expecting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.