Is Kitchen Krafts Closing?

Home Forums General Discussions Is Kitchen Krafts Closing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I am on the email list for Kitchen Krafts--a specialty baking-canning-candy making company. I occasionally buy from the company, as that is the only place where I can find regular Clearjel, and I've bought some other items as well, although the shipping costs seem high to me. I always wait for specials. While I have plenty of Clearjel for now, I expected that I'd order again from the company in the future.

Today I had an email that said "Kitchen Krafts is retiring." It's a confusing email, and I'm not sure if there is or will be a sale. Has anyone heard about this? I may email them about it, but I suspect that they have confused a lot of people and will be getting a lot of emails.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I don't get their emails, but I don't see anything on the Kitchen Krafts site about their retiring. I think it is a small business with only a few employees, though. It'd be a shame, they carry things that are difficult to find elsewhere.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Well, this morning there's a notice on the Kitchen Krafts site about the owner retiring and announcing a sale.

Italiancook
          Participant

Thanks, BakerAunt for alerting us to this. Thanks, Mike for rechecking the site to notice the sale. This is my first time hearing about KitchenKrafts. I found a few things there that look good, but only 2 were on sale, so I passed. I'm glad to have seen the site.

skeptic7
            Participant

There are some really lovely things on that site. I wish I could afford the Ankasrum mixer or some of the pressure canners. I don't have a USE for them, but they look so well made.

BakerAunt
              Participant

This evening I used the berry screen that I bought from them a few years ago. I'd added it in to get free shipping. It's about 15 inches wide, and I put the berries in it and shake them, and any stems and leaves fall out. It is the kind of inexpensive tool that is wonderful to find at a cooking/baking store. It's not high-tech or glamorous enough that most cooking stores will carry it, but it is oh, so useful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.