Interesting Article on Garlic

Home Forums General Discussions Interesting Article on Garlic

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

A few weeks ago, I commented on having had a salad with a VERY garlicky dressing that I continued to taste well into the evening. (Either the salad or the dressing ended up making me sick.) I had wondered in my post if they had used some kind of concentrated garlic. Well, it turns out that garlic taste varies, depending on whether you cut, grate, or smash it:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/make-the-most-out-of-garlic-chopping-acid-heat.html

Maybe I should send a copy of the article to the restaurant? I will stick to mincing garlic.

Spread the word
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Hmmm. Thanks for link. According to the article, perhaps the restaurant thought the acid in the dressing would tame the flavor of the garlic. And maybe they used too much oil and not enough acid.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Some varieties of garlic are much stronger than others, and how you cook it also makes a difference. And then there's black garlic, which has been fermented.

(Just because I can't use garlic in my home cooking that doesn't mean I'm totally disinterested in it.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.