Has anyone ordered from Azure Standard

Home Forums General Discussions Has anyone ordered from Azure Standard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I ran across a company I haven't heard of, Azure Standard, https://www.azurestandard.com/.

They have an interesting drop ship option, they batch orders then ship them to drop ship coordinators around the country, there's one only a few miles from me. It looks like it would cut shipping cost for me for bulk ordered things like rye flour and grains dramatically, down to under 9% with a $50 minimum order, as long as I"m not in a hurry to get it. (The next scheduled date is January 1st.)

Has anyone heard of them or dealt with them? The Sitejabber reviews are all over the place, ranging from 5 stars to 1 star.

Bakeraunt, they have a couple of drop sites in your part of Indiana, but I'm not sure how close they are.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I finally found a map that showed the truck route. There do not appear to be drops close to me, but the truck route is through the town where we do our major shopping (no drop listed), and that highway is the one we pick up from here when we go through Indianapolis. It's an intriguing possibility. If you decide to try it, I'll be interested in what you report.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

The drop site near me is probably someone associated with the 7th Day Adventist Church, since it appears to be close to the Union College campus, if not on campus. (They show you a big blue circle on a map and give a name and a phone number, but not an address.)

The church became the host site for the Sunday's Farmer's Market two seasons ago, and it appears to be a good working relationship for them, though I liked the old site better because it was closer to us and had a lot of shade, which is really helpful in the summertime. We used to go nearly every Sunday, this year I think we went less than half the time.

I probably won't decide whether to order anything from them until after the holidays, which will probably mean a pick-up date later in January, so I may defer until spring. It sounds like depending upon the drop site coordinator, you need to show up ahead of when the truck is due, which you may not find out until the day before it gets there. I may contact the local coordinator by email and sound her out.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Mike Nolan.
          BakerAunt
          Participant

I figured out this morning how to find the location of the nearest drop. It's in Nappanee, which would be at least a 90 minute drive. I don't know that there are enough people in my area who would be interested in setting up a drop.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I looked at it. It's interesting. I won't be buying from them though.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I was also looking at Thrive Market, but I don't see many products there I'd order: No semolina, no rye flour. Their prices appear to be a few percent below some other sites (like ordering direct from Bob's Red Mill), but I don't know what their shipping costs are, and I don't think you can get to that without joining.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.