Happy New Year’s Eve

Home Forums General Discussions Happy New Year’s Eve

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Happy New Year to everyone. Haven't made it up to midnight for a lot of years. To all who celebrate, have a great night and pray for a better 2021! Enjoy!

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Happy New Years to everyone.Our neighbors do a big fireworks so we'll be up sitting outside and enjoying.My prayers are for a better year also.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

No plans for tonight, but we seldom do much on New Years Eve anyway. No football games tonight, and not many left this season, either. :sigh:

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had no special plans either. My husband has already gone to bed. I just took a loaf of rye bread out of the oven, and very shortly I will be putting in a cherry pie, which will likely come out shortly before midnight. We've heard a few small fireworks around the lake. The poor dog headed to her bed to be covered with a blanket. It's cloudy out there, so I am hoping there will not be any big fireworks.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Happy New Years everybody! I'm staying at home too, I'll be watching some Thin Man movies on TCM streaming.

kimbob
              Participant

RiversideLen, my husband watched the thin man during the afternoon. We've seen them so many times and they're still fun to watch. I caught a couple of them when I had time to sit down.

skeptic7
                Participant

Happy New Years eve. I stayed up with friends on Zoom to watch the New Year come in. There weren't any fireworks here. I didn't do anything special in the way of food. Hot Chocolate and apple cider during the course of the evening.
                  I am looking forward to a much better year, even though nothing is likely to change much until summer as far as the pandemic precautions go.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

As far as I know, there are no official fireworks displays here on New Year's Eve, but we heard some periodically throughout the evening and until well after midnight.

Anyway, here's to 2021 being a better year than 2020.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

There were sporadic fireworks around here, starting at around 10. The dog freaked out. She actually slept downstairs near the furnace closet; perhaps the hum helped her.

It is raining here, and below freezing. My husband brought in extra wood in case we lose power, and he has gone ahead and started the turkey. I'm trying to think of what I need to do in case we loose power. The rain is freezing on the front windows and the sidewalks are slick. We saw duck hunters launch this morning, which in these weather conditions is not a good idea. They may have trouble getting their boat out as the boat ramp would be frozen by now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.