Happy 50th Anniversary to S. Wirth and her Husband!

Home Forums Member News Happy 50th Anniversary to S. Wirth and her Husband!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

It got lost in the baking thread, but our member S. Wirth and her husband celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this week! Clearly her baking was the way to his heart--and the way to keep him! Congratulations to both of you on the work and love that went into this major achievement.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

50 years together is a feat, even these days when more people live into their 90's, so congratulations. We'll be at 45 years in September.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Happy 50th Anniversary to S.Wirth and husband a real test of time.Congratulations,that's a lot of taking and giving but so well worth it!We'll be 46 yrs. in September.

S_Wirth
          Participant

Thanks for the nice comments here and from Carol in the other thread!

It doesn't seem like it could have been 50 years.

On November 30, 1955, my great grandparents celebrated their golden wedding anniversary and way back then that was unheard of. Now, every week's local newspaper has at least one 50th anniversary being celebrated. And on our news radio station there are obituaries of couples married 74 or more years quite often. Now that is a long time.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Swirth, you reminded me that my mom just went to a party for a couple that was celebrating there 60th anniversary and they both turned 90 this year!

I think it's great that your great grandparents were able to reach 50 years.

rottiedogs
              Participant

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.