Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of November 6, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of November 6, 2016?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Sunday, I cooked a rump roast with small red potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and parsley in the crockpot. On Tuesday, I made soup, using the Bob's Red Mill Vegi-Soup mix and added ground turkey and various vegetables. I used Herbs de Provence as the spice this time. On Saturday, I made Cauliflower Soup for lunch.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I haven't made a rump roast in eons, BakerAunt. Sounds good.

I made Fish Chowder that lasted 3 days. I tried KAF Creamy Potato Garlic Soup, but we didn't like it. I also made Chicken Noodle with Rice Soup that I discussed in a previous thread. And, I made Kelsey Nixon's Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal. That lasts several days as I'm the only one who eats oatmeal. I like it when I have breakfast covered.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

I recently bought a jar of Smoked Sweet Spanish Paprika and was wondering what I could use it with. So I tried roasted potatoes w/kielbasa and the paprika. It was pretty good - something I may make again in the future with different type of protein. Also with the discussion of rice cookers, I made chicken and shiitake mushroom rice all in the rice cooker. Also tried Trader Joe's Seafood Paella - it was in their freezer section - and had to add a little bit extra shrimp to beef up the meal.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Luvpyrpom--I usually use 1/2 tsp. or so of smoked paprika with my pot roast.

rottiedogs
            Participant

I'm still grilling. Had ribs and eye of round roast with green beans and stuffed portabella mushrooms. For November the weather has been decent so I'm still cooking outside.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.