Cinnamon Rolls and Chili

Home Forums General Discussions Cinnamon Rolls and Chili

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The reference to the Miller and Paine cinnamon rolls was especially interesting, as we had figured out that Runza was no longer using that long time Lincoln favorite recipe.

The public schools here use a different recipe, but they're making it in really large batches to feed thousands of kids on chili/roll days. Chili is one of their two most popular meal choices, the other is creamed turkey on mashed potatoes.

Coincidentally, I'm making tangzhong cinnamon rolls today, as we discovered after I made the chili yesterday that we had finished off the last of the previous batch from the freezer. We bought some cinnamon rolls from the grocery store, but they're a big disappointment, too sweet to pair with the chili properly.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

When I worked in a lunchroom we always had chili , corn bread and cinnamon rolls also.

chocomouse
          Participant

Interesting story. I've heard of the bowls and rolls stories over the years, but never have experienced it myself.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The ones at Lincoln Public Schools are not very sweet and fairly light on the cinnamon. The kids dunk them in the chili, of course.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.