Cinnamon Baking Chips

Home Forums General Discussions Cinnamon Baking Chips

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

On the way to something else, I learned that Hershey's online sells cinnamon baking chips. I checked it out, and it appears to be true. In 10 oz. packages. By the 1, the 3, or the 6. It's $4.49 for 1 bag. If you want to buy these, don't search under products. Can't get to the cart that way, as far as I can tell. Click on SHOP, then search for product. That'll take you to the cart.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Are these different from the ones you can get through Amazon and occasionally find in stores?

RiversideLen
        Participant

Save yourself some time and put "baking chips" in the search bar.

Mike, it looks like the chips on the Hershey site are the same chips on Amazon. The prices are similar, although not exactly the same. I don't know if Hershey charges for shipping but the chips are free shipping on Amazon for Prime members. Of course, there are other nifty things on the Hershey site that you might not find elsewhere. And you probably don't have to worry about freshness if you buy them from Hershey.

chocomouse
          Participant

Has anyone tried making the DIY cinnamon chips? There are a number of recipes online, and people say they are good. My next big project might be to try making them, since I've thought about doing it for a couple of years.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Chocomouse--there is a recipe here in one of the Baking Circle saved threads. It was from Baker Irene. I've not tried it.

chocomouse
              Participant

I have that thread by Baker Irene, but Thanks. I can't find my other recipes right now (the Microsoft Word formatting got screwed up when I had to do a reset; I have all the info there but it's difficult to find and read). Irene uses white chocolate chips, melted, with flavoring added. The one I'm interested in calls for sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, and a couple other things, and then it is baked.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

This may be the recipe you're thinking of:
                  Cinnamon Chips

chocomouse
                  Participant

Yes, Mike, thanks. That seems to be similar to what I have seen. I would prefer to use the recipe posted years ago on the old BC, simply because I trust the bakers on that forum!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.