Cinnamon Apple batter bread

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls Cinnamon Apple batter bread

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wonky
    Participant

It has been a long time since I made a batter bread, but the recipe I tried today was delicious.
      It has cinnamon, nutmeg, and a finely chopped apple. It is delicious, and I am going to try it toasted tomorrow. If anyone would like the recipe, let me know and I will post it.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Hi, Wonky. It's good to see you.

Of course we want to see the recipe!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I'm with bakeraunt, I'd like to see the recipe if only to enjoy it vicariously, since I'm doing almost no baking with my wife on a 20 carb diet. But she went back to work to get ready for the fall semester this week down 30 pounds from where she was in early May!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Batter breads can also be made in mini-loaf pans and frozen for the occasional quick treat.

Congratulations to Mike's wife on losing those 30 pounds and becoming healthier. And congratulations to Mike for supporting her quest for better health.

wonky
            Participant

Hello baking friends...and may I also congratulate your wife...that is a major accomplishment,

I am just briefly checking in here to say I will try to post the recipe tomorrow. Just too much going on to get to it today.

The recipe calls for water, but today I bought apple juice to use in place of the water...you know me, I just can't leave well enough alone. Will not be baking for a few days, but will report the outcome with the substitution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.