Carrot and White Bean Burger

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) Carrot and White Bean Burger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Smitten Kitchen has an interesting recipe for a vegi-bean burger, which I have printed and put into my "to try" stack:

Spread the word
      skeptic7
      Participant

Interesting, but I don't feel any overwhelming urge to make it. You could make a nice carrot and ginger and bean soup with those ingredients and serve with toasted hamburger bun. ๐Ÿ™‚

BakerAunt
        Participant

While a nice soup sounds great while it is cold, Skeptic, I am thinking ahead to summer. My husband is not a fan of most beans, but I've been trying to increase them in my diet, so I will give this recipe a try at some point. I've made a black bean burger and posted about it. They were ok, but only after I topped them with a condiment and stopped kidding myself that they worked on bread like a hamburger would.

skeptic7
          Participant

I wasn't thinking of summer at all. I am trying to eat more beans too, but I mainly cycle through soups, and baked beans. I don't like cold bean salads at all but some bean salad ideas are fine when hot. I do like falafels so if I think of this as a baked falafel I might be more intrigued.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.