Biscuits

Home Forums Requests Biscuits

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janiebakes
    Participant

I remember David Lee posting a recipe for Southern biscuits but I think he also posted one for Angel biscuits. Does that ring a bell? Also, could someone tell me how to look up the recipes saved from the OBC? I tried search forums and recipes but only forum posts come up for me. I also tried the recipes index but it is not searchable as far as I can tell. TIA

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I see what may be two biscuit recipes from dvdlee, but they're pretty similar and neither appear to be angel biscuits, which are supposed to have both baking powder and yeast.

I do see one from Mrs. Cindy, and there's a 7-Up angel biscuit recipe, too, with discussion over whether it makes any difference if you use club soda or ginger ale.

There was a presentation on angel biscuits in the J&W symposium, but I was travelling that day and didn't see it.

You need to click on the 'advanced' button to get to the detailed search parameters.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I have not made Mrs. Cindy's but she did a really long study of the Angel Biscuits. I'll see if the thread is on my laptop. I still have quite a few threads, but never had enough time to translate all of them to upload them. I will try to start doing it occasionally if I find some that aren't already here. But, I will start with the Angel biscuits if I have it - will confirm.

Italiancook
          Participant

Janiebakes, I just posted my tried & true recipe for Angel Biscuits in the recipe section. If cwdesign finds a recipe for them, you can always compare & contrast them.

BakerAunt
            Participant

The thread is already here at Nebraska Kitchen. It is in the section titled "Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle (at the bottom of the forums listings on the right side of the page.

Here is the link to it:

Note: Although I posted it, all the words are Mrs. Cindy's words.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Thanks for doing that BA. I copied the file I have over to my new laptop. I’ll take a look at the folder on Wednesday when I’m off to see if I have any threads that could be added. I’ll also check to see if I gave Zen’s email.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I looked up the Angel Biscuits recipe that was posted in the Johnson & Wales bread symposium recipe file, it makes 200 biscuits!

Angel biscuits are sometimes called bride biscuits, because they're so easy that even an inexperienced cook like a bride can make them.

Janiebakes
                  Participant

Thank you Italian cook. That looks like the recipe I remember. Thank you Baker Aunt for linking to the true southern biscuit recipe thread. What a fabulous read.

I tried using the "Advanced" button but it only brought up threads that mentioned angel biscuits, no stand alone recipes. Then I started calling up the recipe pages one by one starting page 166. On page 153 there is an angel biscuit posted by jej and on page 152 Twin 2 has one posted. Not sure why the search function did not find those.

Italiancook
                    Participant

I had never heard the term "bride biscuits." Now that I know this term, I'll be sure to give this recipe to brides in a creative way. Don't know what that'll look like, but I have a while to think about it.

I don't like regular biscuits, although I have been known to make and eat cheddar biscuits with red chili. I enjoy Angel Biscuits, because they're softer and higher. I'm a roll-person.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.