2021 Garden plans

Home Forums Gardening 2021 Garden plans

Viewing 3 posts - 166 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

BakerAunt, your husband will soon find himself enlarging that framework or building another one, and you'll be ordering 2 more Gro lights!! I love Gardeners' Supply - one of their stores is 15 miles from here, and their main store is 2 hours away, in Burlington VT. Expensive but high quality. I just moved 6 plant stands in from the back porch to the sun room, in front of the south facing wall of glass. I'm going to see if there is enough sunlight to support a decent crop of lettuce and spinach there. Lettuce and herbs are under the Gro lights on a baker's rack, and I'm waiting for lettuce and herb pod sets to arrive from Aerogarden.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

They had an open house at the hydroponics lab at UNL today, I saw some interesting student projects for making inexpensive hydroponics setups using things like PVC pipe or plastic roof gutters. I may have to try the latter for lettuce. They use rock wool cubes for starting the seeds then just put them in the gutters filled with pea gravel and a bucket of water with nutrients and a circulating pump.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

It looks like all 24 pods of the Aerogarden have something sprouted now, some of the lettuces may be ready for limited harvesting in two weeks, maybe less.

Viewing 3 posts - 166 through 168 (of 168 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.