1000 Year Old British Mill Site

Home Forums General Discussions 1000 Year Old British Mill Site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Interesting article and a beautiful picture.

skeptic7
        Participant

That is nice. There are a couple of historical mills not that far from me. I wonder what they are doing.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We tried to go by an historical mill when we went to the covered bridge festival in Parke County, IN in the fall of 2018, but it was a mob scene. I read about it, and they are a working mill and sell flour. We will try to go back at some point, during a non-tourist time (which is hard because the county promotes tourism year round) and see the mill and buy some of their flour.

We did get to see the mill at Spring Mill State Park, although it was not a time when it would be running. That was where I got the wonderful cornmeal we just finished. We were hoping to go back there this fall, but given the long-term forecast for Covid-19, I don't think we will be doing any traveling for at least a year.

The site that Aaron sent around shows a mill in Grand Rapids, MI. That one would be on my wish list to visit as well.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I wonder what the prices are like at mills that are mostly tourist attractions?

We normally try to either go to Pittsburgh in the summer to visit our son and granddaughter or they come out here.

Right now I don't think either is likely to happen, but we keep in touch online. My son sent me some pictures of some baguettes he made yesterday, his shaping technique still needs work. He's using the updated Artisan Breads in 5 minutes a day book.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.