Your filled cookie Molds

Home Forums Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle Your filled cookie Molds

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rottiedogs
    Participant

Your filled cookie Molds
      HipHop007
      I found some cookie recipes from your site that used "our filled cookie molds. They are nut shaped little molds used in the Almond Cookies w/ Praline chocalte filling and Strawberry & Cream cookies. I can't find them on your site to purchase. Are they still available?
      Thank you,
      Gayle white
      badge posted by: HipHop007 on September 20, 2013 at 11:18 am in Q & A
      share on: Twitter, Facebook
      Subscribe to: This post
      REPLIES TO THIS DISCUSSION
      Save
      Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save" to activate your changes.
      reply by: pjh on September 20, 2013 at 11:54 am
      pjh
      Gayle, just found out the cookie molds are due back in stock Sept. 30, perhaps a bit before. Search for item 4310, walnut cookie molds. Thanks for your patience!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KAF_Keri on September 20, 2013 at 11:50 am
      KAF_Keri
      Is this the item you had in mind? http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/filled-cookie-molds-set
      If so, that specific item has unfortunately been discontinued. We do have a smaller, different version of that item that is currently available:
      http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/walnut-cookie/mini-madeleine-pan
      Hope this helps. Happy baking!
      Keri @ KAF
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: pjh on September 20, 2013 at 11:50 am
      pjh
      Hi Gayle - They're not available on our shop site right now, but I have a strong suspicion (which I'm currently double checking) that they'll be back for the holidays. Sorry for the delay, but stay tuned...
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: swirth on September 20, 2013 at 11:44 am
      swirth
      Those were called walnut cookie molds and I just now searched for you and don't see them as in stock. You could email them and ask if they might have some around:
      -
      customercare@kingarthurflour.com
      -
      There were 3 recipes for the molds...
      -
      1/25/2007
      tobermory lemon cookie recipe for walnut cookie molds
      -
      Here is the recipe, I got it by emailing customer service:
      -
      Cookies:
      -
      1 cup soft butter
      1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
      1 tablespoon lemon powder
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1 large egg yolk
      1-1/2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
      1/2 cup cornstarch
      -
      Glaze:
      -
      1/4 cup melted butter
      1 tabelspoon lemon powder
      1-1/2 to 2 cups confctioner's sugar
      food coloring (optional)
      -
      Beat the butter, confectioner's sugar, lemon powder, salt and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in the egg yolk, then mix in the flour and cornstarch until well blended. Press the dough into molds and bake in preheated 375F degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool and remove cookies from molds. Let cool completely before glazing.
      -
      Beat the glaze ingredients together, adjusting the consistency as needed with milk or confectioner's sugar. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring if desired. To fill, spread a small amount of glaze on the flat side of each cookie and press together with another cookie. Let set completely before finishing with additional glaze. Dip each 'lemon' into additional glaze and let the excess drip back into the bowl. (A thinner glaze works better for this part). Use a spatula to cover any bare spots. and let rest on rack until the icing sets. Yield: 2 dozen lemon cookies.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Strawberry Cookie recipe needed
      -
      Strawberry and cream cookies
      -
      Cookie Dough
      -
      1/4 c (1 oz) confectioners' sugar
      1/2 t salt
      1 t baking powder
      1 t vanilla extract
      1/2 c (1 stick, 4 oz) butter
      1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry Jello-O
      1 1/2 c (6 1/4 oz) King Arthur Unbleached AP flour
      1 egg white
      -
      Filling
      -
      2 c (8 oz) confectioners' sugar
      1/2 c (1 stick, 4 oz) unsalted butter, soft
      1 t vanilla extract
      1/8 t salt (extra-fine if you have it)
      1-2 T milk or cream
      -
      For the cookies: Beat together the confectioners' sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, butter and Jell-O. When well blended, mix in the flour and egg white. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the inside of the walnut (strawberry) molds. Press 1/2 t of dough into each mold, pressing it up the sides and leaving a well in the middle. Place the filled molds on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, till lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and cool in the molds for 10 minutes. Pop out of the molds by pressing gently on the end of each cookie. Place on a rack to finish cooling completely.
      -
      For the filling: Beat the confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt together. Mix in milk or cream a bit at a time till the filling is a medium-soft, spreadable consistency (the filling should hold its shape). Drop a scant teasponful of filling onto the flat side of half the cookies. Top with another cookie. Let the filling set up for several hours. Store the cookies in airtight containers for several days, or freeze for long storage. Yield: approximately 2 dozen cookies.
      -
      Subject: walnut cookie mold recipe
      -
      10/16/2004
      -
      I cannot find my copy of the recipe that came with my walnut cookie molds, and I need to bake them for tommorrow. Can anyone help me out?
      -
      10/16/2004
      kimbob
      -
      walnut cookie mold recipe
      -
      CookKim, I don't have the molds but I have the Oct 2003 KAF catlg with the recipe they printed for the molds. It's called Walnut Cookies with Praline Chocolate Filling. Is that the one? I can type it out for you if you want.
      -
      walnut cookie mold recipe
      -
      Cookies:
      -
      1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
      1/4 tsp salt
      2/3 cup sugar
      1/2 cup confec. or glazing sugar
      1 tsp vanilla ext.
      1/2 tsp. almond ext.
      2 drops bitter almond oil, optional
      1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
      2 1/4 cups KA unbleached ap flour
      1 cup toasted almond or hazelnut flour OR an additional 1/4 cup ap flour
      -
      Beat together the butter, salt, sugars, flavorings, egg and yolk. Add the flour(s) and mix until well combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes, or until the dough is easy to handle.
      Press 1 tsp. of dough onto the bottom and sides of each ungreased walnut mold. Place the filled molds on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes. The cookies should not brown except for very lightly around the edges. Cool slightly, then tap the molds firmly to remove the cookies. Cool the cookies completely on a rack; they'll become crisp.
      -
      Part 2 - Filling:
      -
      8 ounces (1/2 can, about 7/8 cup) praline paste
      6 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate or 1 cup bittersweet chips
      -
      Melt the praline paste and choc together in a double boiler or in a microwave on low power. Fill the cooled cookies, using about 1/2 tsp. for each. Sandwich pairs of cookies, pressing the halves together gently. Allow to stand until the filling is set, several hours at (cool) room temp, or 2-3 hours in a refrigerator.
      -
      Yield: 7 dozen filled cookies
      ---------------------------------------------------------

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.