White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Bars by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Bars by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Bars
      Submitted by cwalde on September 21, 2006 at 2:51 pm

I found these yummy bars in Taste of Home, contributed by Mimi Priseman. However, I have changed the name of them to include the white chocolate. They are rich, chewy, and delicious. The white chocolate in them is to die for. This is a good cookie for Christmas since it's delicious and easy, too. Hope that you enjoy almond because it is very pronounced in this cookie. I love them and I hope that you do too! Cheryl

1/2 cup butter
      1 pkg. (10 to 12 oz.) vanilla or white chocolate chips, divided
      2 eggs
      1/2 cup sugar
      1 tsp. almond extract
      1 cup all-purpose flour
      1/2 tsp. salt
      1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
      1/4 cup sliced almonds

In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; add 1 cup chips (do not stir).

In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Stir in chip mixture and almond extract. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture just until combined. Spread half of the batter in a greased 9" square baking pan.

Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt jam; spread over warm crust. Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.