What Did You Bake the Week of August 21, 2016?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What Did You Bake the Week of August 21, 2016?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Monday, I baked two loaves of Buttermilk Grape Nuts bread (recipe on this site). It's nice to have the stand mixer to use again and be able to bake two loaves--one for immediate consumption during the week and the other to freeze until needed. I reduced the salt from 3 tsp. to 2 3/4 tsp. On Saturday, I baked the KAF Wheat-Oat Flax Buns, making 8 instead of 12, and I also baked a batch of my Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies. My husband's department is having a "new semester" potluck-barbecue tonight, so I'm bringing cookies, and we will take sandwiches for ourselves, using the buns. (It's a bring-your-own meat for us to grill affair, but we're not quite comfortable with that in a large setting.)

Spread the word
      luvpyrpom
      Participant

On Sunday, I made peach-blueberry crumble - it was a mish-mash of two different recipes and adding whatever I needed. Didn't have any regular ClearJel, used the instant ClearJel instead. Now every time I reheat a serving of the cobbler, it's pretty runny. Oh well, lesson learned. Friday I made Snickerdoodle Blondie and Cinnamon Streusel Pound cake for work. I'm hoping that once the weather has cooled a bit more, I'll be able to get back to baking breads.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I baked the Salted Caramel Bundt Cake on Friday. I posted about my results in that thread. A delicious cake, BU I need some practice with the bits and pieces.

The Great British Bake Off started its new season (series 7) on the BBC last week. We streamed it after the first episode - it was cake week and they made drizzle cakes - very appropriate for this recipe. I like the bakers they have this year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.