What are you reading lately?

Home Forums Member News What are you reading lately?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm a book fanatic, and am married to another book fanatic. (My father-in-law was a publisher.) My wife, sister-in-law and brother-in-law have all written or co-written books and my mother-in-law edited the Nebraska Centennial Cookbook, testing nearly every recipe in it.

So I'm almost always reading SOMETHING, and often it is something related to cooking.

Most recently, I've started reading The Science of Cooking, by Peter Barham. This 2001 book is probably not very well-known in the USA. There's another, more recent, book by the same title that is mostly a cookbook, this one is going to talk a lot about cooking, and it has numerous 'experiments', but doesn't really have recipes in it. In some ways, that makes it similar to McGee's On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen, a book I've read cover-to-cover twice and refer to frequently.

I'm still getting up the energy to tackle a textbook on food chemistry I bought a few years back, I think Barham's book might get me moving in that direction.

So, what books about food have you picked up lately?

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.