What are you Cooking the Week of September 25, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 25, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not sure what we're doing for supper, may just have more of the potato soup.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

We're having pasta with kielbase, peppers, and onions. I'm using some of the fresh tomato sauce I made yesterday. And today I finished making and freezing the salsa, 6 pints and 5 half pints.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We had leftover pizza.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Diane had potato soup, I had tuna salad in a tomato from the garden.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken,potatoes with a cream sauce over them and leftover carrots that I added a half can of garden peas.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I made a stir fry with hamburger my husbands suggestion and it was pretty good. I used carrots, celery ,onion, a variety of green, yellow and red peppers and mushrooms. I added the rice and soy sauce and it was tasty. With that we had bread and butter.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I think we're having tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches tonight. We went through a half dozen ideas, that's the one that sounded best.

chocomouse
                  Participant

My husband had a BLT and I had leftover tomato soup and grilled chicken thigh.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had all leftovers of beef stew over rice.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I made about 8 quarts of chicken stock today, with the leftover boiled chicken I made chicken salad and we had that for supper.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner tonight was a spinach-feta-pasta salad and sauteed shrimp. I'd planned to skewer and grill the shrimp, but the high temp today was 54* so I opted to warm up the kitchen. I had been trimming planters and pots of lettuce, tomatoes, and herbs on the deck in anticipation of a frost so I was frozen to the bones.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Today we had hamburger steaks and fries.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had chargrilled chicken,potato salad, leftover steamed cabbage and candied sweet potatoes.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We arrived home early Friday afternoon from my husband's cousins' family reunion in Michigan. I had nothing in the freezer for dinner, but we had some leftover grilled lamb that one cousin cooked at the reunion that no one wanted to take home, so we did. I used it in a brown and mixed wild rice stir-fry with celery, red bell pepper, small yellow squashes, and a bit of kale. We had microwaved broccoli as well.

I have only had lamb twice before, once some of a roasted leg, and the other time in a creamy sauce served over noodles. The latter was made by a Russian student couple at the church I attended when we lived in Lubbock. I think the grilled lamb was the best, but it is not a meat that I would seek out or invest in learning how to cook, as I can take it or leave it.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I'm canning tomato juice today, should have close to 6 quarts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.