What are you Cooking the Week of September 13, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 13, 2020?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had bagels with cream cheese, corned beef and Swiss cheese. They were pretty good, I used the Reinhart 'Artisan' recipe with 1/3 the salt and honey instead of barley malt. The poaching liquid also had honey. We both like them so much it'll probably be our go-to variant.

I made 9 bagels, slightly under 3 ounces of dough each. I figure they're about 35 carbs each, before adding toppings.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed steak & gravy with rice and steamed cabbage.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had taco salad tonight.

chocomouse
          Participant

Busy day in the kitchen today. First, I prepared my last batch of tomato sauce, using Roma tomatoes, for the freezer -- 4 quarts. Then I started a batch of tomato soup, using Celebrity tomatoes. I used a recipe "Watt's Tea Room Tomato Basil Cream Soup" posted by jej on the obc. It's a very forgiving recipe, I used 2% milk and half and half instead of the higher-fat dairy listed, and I don't bother to measure anything. I got about 5 quarts, and we each had a bowl for dinner. To go with that, I made mini Sausage-Mushroom quiche. That was a great dinner. The recipe makes 12, so I'm thinking about freezing some. Has anyone frozen quiche? OK or not?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by chocomouse.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

On Saturday, I made my Broccoli, Cherry Tomato, and Quinoa Salad, using cherry tomatoes from today’s farmers’ market. My husband cooked pork in a pan, and we also each had an ear of sweet corn. Due to this salad, my husband is now willing to include a cherry tomato plant in next year’s garden or in a separate pot.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I picked a bowl of tomatoes today, not as many as I was hoping to get, if the frost holds off we should continue to get a few tomatoes every day or two for at least three weeks.

We had tuna salad in tomatoes for supper tonight.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.