What are you cooking the week of October 7, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of October 7, 2018?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For Thursday night’s dinner, I made stir fry, using two left over boneless pork slices from earlier in the week, celery, two red bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, the drippings from de-glazing the pork pan several nights ago, the leftover beans and tomato sauce, and green onion. I mixed it with soba noodles. The two red bell peppers and the green onion are from our garden.

Skeptic--your dinner sounds so good! I do miss having the occasional baked beans. My husband is just not a fan of them.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by BakerAunt.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Dinner on Friday night featured chunks of Purple Viking Potatoes (farmers’ market) rubbed with olive oil and roasted at 400F for 50 minutes, salmon patties, and peas.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had Baked Honey Soy Chicken Legs, this recipe is easy to make and a keeper.

A friend gave us several pounds of chicken legs, this is what I made with some of them, I've got more soaking in buttermilk overnight.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had skinless chicken thighs with Greek seasoning sauteed in a cast iron skillet, and then fresh broccoli and frozen carrots from last year's garden added to the skillet. We also had mashed potatoes and home-made gravy - something we have only once a year, with our Thanksgiving turkey! I'm changing the routine!

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried chicken,sour cream mashed potatoes and green beans.

RiversideLen
              Participant

With the weather turning cooler, there's going to be more pizza coming out of my oven. Tonight was pizza with pepperoni, chicken sausage and roasted red peppers.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.