What are you Cooking the week of November 10, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of November 10, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got some thin sliced veal, I was thinking of making Veal Zurich tonight, but since we had stroganoff on noodles last night that sounds a bit repetitive. Maybe I'll do the black bean meatloaf tonight.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

It's fix what you want tonight my husband had soup and I had a hot dog.

BakerAunt
        Participant

My husband will cook boneless pork chops tonight. I'm roasting sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks, and tossed with some olive oil. After about 30 minutes, I'll drizzle them with maple syrup. These sweet potatoes come from the farmers market, and I've noticed that they become more tender faster than the ones I get in the store. We'll microwave frozen peas to complete the main meal.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Mike, I could have noodles/pasta 7 times a week, lol.

BakerAunt, I think the sweet potatoes from the farmers market get tender faster because they are more fresh.

Tonight I had left over pork roast and I made roast potatoes in the cast iron skillet with duck fat. A baked apple, Brussels sprouts and a little carrot rounded it out.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Semolina pasta seems to work well with my wife's diabetes, she doesn't have huge peaks and valleys in her overnight blood sugar readings when we have pasta.

It wasn't so much the noodles (I would have made spaetzle to go with the Veal Zurich) but the fact that it'd be a similar dish, a cream sauce with mushrooms.

I went with the black bean meatloaf for tonight, I'll make the Veal Zurich in a few days.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Thank you to all Veteran's on this day!

Tonight I heated up some of the chicken broth and chicken meat that I cooked last week and made chicken and rice with leftover creamed corn and beets.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had a simple pasta with meat sauce for dinner tonight.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had a roast pork sandwich.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I made a small pot of hamburger vegetable soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.For the soup I had a pint container of vegetables in the freezer that was leftover beans,corn,tomato gravy,and butter beans from which I topped off when we had a spoonful or two left at supper,so after I had hamburger and chopped onions cooked I added the vegetables and a can of vegetable blend and a large baking potato chopped up when it was all done I added in a cup of cut okra and it was dang good.Our weather turned cooler today but nothing like a lot of ya'll are getting.Bless you all with all this cold weather,we're not use to it down south.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Great minds think alike, Joan!

Tuesday temperatures never rose above 20F, and they are on their way down. I made soup, using the broth I made from that rotisserie chicken last week. I started by sauteeing the onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil, then added the broth and a combination of brown and red lentils. I cooked it for 40 minutes, then added some small torn pieces of kale, a 6 oz. can of white chicken meat, and 1 heaping cup of “autumn pasta” (pumpkins and leaves) and low boiled for 6 minutes. We had it with some of the rolls I baked yesterday.

chocomouse
                        Participant

I made hamburger "steaks", with Italian salad dressing mixed into the meat. I reheated leftover roasted squash in the toaster oven, on bake at 400*, and it was almost as good as freshly roasted. I also fixed risotto with onions, garlic, mushrooms and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight I chipped up leftover beef roast and added a can of mushroom soup,made sour cream mashed potatoes and we had toast ,topped with potatoes and the meat on top.Good and gone,love to use the leftovers.

chocomouse
                            Participant

I had the night off from cooking, as my husband made ham and veggie omelets. All I had to do was toast the English muffins. Thermometer says 10* and going down!

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

It was in the mid 40s here today, and heading for the 50's over the weekend.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Wednesday night’s dinner was a stir-fry with leftover pork, soba noodles, onion, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and kale. I deglazed the pan when my husband cooked the pork chops earlier in the week, and I used that as a sauce.

Our high today was in the mid-20s, and the 4 inches of snow is still here. I could do without the ice on the sidewalk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.