What are you Cooking the week of June 9, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 9, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had fish and broccoli for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had breakfast for supper smoked sausage,rice and eggs with toast.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made a veg chicken & shrimp stir fry with napa cabbage, carrot and red bell pepper.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I’ve been yearning for some yellow pea soup. Yesterday was cold and rainy and Monday morning rather cool, so I made a big batch and had some for lunch. The recipe, posted years ago in an e-newsletter by Nordic Needle (a stitching business that is no longer what it was), calls it typical of Swedish pea soups. I used split yellow peas, and so I did not have to do an overnight soak. I always add celery and carrots. I replaced the salt pork (too salty for my dietary needs) with some chunks of ham shank—with some bones—that I found at the store yesterday. At the end of cooking, they are removed, the meat cut from the bone, then replaced in the soup. It’s seasoned fifteen minutes before it is done with thyme and marjoram. I estimated on the water, and I would use a little less next time, as I like a very thick soup, but it tasted delicious, and I’ll be eating it happily the rest of the week,

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Today we had fried cubed pork,macaroni and tomatoes and green butter beans.

RiversideLen
              Participant

BakerAunt, I want some pea soup!

I put a pork rib roast on the BBQ this afternoon. Will have it with a crisp salad.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had macaroni and cheese for supper, along with the last of the broccoli we got at the farmer's market on Sunday.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I went and got BBQ from a local place called "Smoking Pig",awesome smoked chicken,corn on the cob,fried okra,and baked beans.We get one plate and share ,more than enough for us.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                    Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I made a recipe from 12Tomatoes, a site new to me. IT's called Cowboy Trifle, and I made it for a potluck my husband attended. It a layered dish like the more common Death by Chocolate dessert trifle, and serves a crowd. I made a few changes, natch! I made cornbread from scratch, and then layered black beans, then whole kernal corn, and then a layer of home-made salsa (tomatoes, onions, green pepper, chipotle powder) topped with shredded cheddar, drizzled with a Ranch-mayo mix, and sprinkled with chopped bacon. I think next time I would skip the bacon, but add sliced black olives. It was really good, and the group at the potluck liked it.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had Oyster Stew tonight.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Yesterday was cool with a high in the 50s. My husband roasted a turkey breast, and I used new potatoes from the farmers' market to boil the little potatoes, then coat them in olive oil and grated Parmesan with some pepper. We had microwaved peas on the side.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had something I don't cook often,I took a can of corned beef and sauteed onions added the meat chopped up a bit then sprinkled it with flour and made a gravy,we ate this over rice and left over green butter beans.Simple and good.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Our old standby tonight-Taco salad.

chocomouse
                                Participant

We had scallops with a shrimp sauce over rice, with a green salad. We don't have this very often, maybe once a year at the most, but scallops were on sale this week. It was good, with leftovers for another night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.