What are you Cooking the Week of June 27, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 27, 2021?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Janiebakes
    Participant

Yesterday we had a welcome cool down in temperature so I made our old favorite cioppino. Today we drove into the Cuyahoga National Park. Like the Blue Ridge Parkway, farms and businesses present when the park was formed remain. We ended up at Szalay's sweet corn farm for some of the first of Ohio's corn crop. Came home to grill it and a couple of hamburgers. I will try to attach a picture.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Janiebakes that corn looks awesome!

Tonight we had breakfast for supper...Sausage,grits,eggs and toast.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I made some potato salad using my mother's recipe, for the 4th. Our street is having its 4th of July bike parade tomorrow, I'll see if I can get some good pictures and post them.

Happy 4th of July, everybody.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Happy 4th everyone!

Will tried smash burgers on the baking steel on the grill last night and they came out really well. Thin patties, but still juicy. We used his toasted sourdough for buns and topped with fresh tomatoes and arugula and lettuce (from his indoor pots). We tried using his con quest sauce, but we think that sliced cheese would work better in this. Fresh beans from the garden and sweet potato fries rounded out the meal.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.