What are you Cooking the Week of June 16, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 16, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Steaks for dinner tonight.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The daikon 'potato' salad doesn't have the same taste as potato salad but I don't get 'radish!', either. The texture is close and the other ingredients tend to overwhelm the potato anyway. It needs something, maybe more oil/vinegar, seasonings and more chopped egg. I added another egg, some more oil/vingegar and some dill weed.

BakerAunt
        Participant
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I didn't plant any zucchini this year, but it's an interesting idea.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Steaks for dinner here, plus deviled eggs and the Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake.

RiversideLen
              Participant

A hamburger and a side of broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had the last of the chicken and rice.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads.My Dad has been gone 11 years.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had chicken salad, sliced tomatoes and potato salad.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I made a pasta salad on Monday for lunch, using one of the jars of relish that I canned last autumn. I added green onion, chopped carrot, and cherry tomatoes. I had it over a mixture of lettuce and spinach from the farmers market. I'll repeat this lunch for the next several days.

I also made yogurt.

Dinner was more of the maple glazed pork tenderloin and the rest of the mashed potatoes. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

We had to turn on the air conditioner today for the first time this year.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had the rest of the lahvosh pizza and also had a salad and some deviled eggs.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

It hit 97 degrees here yesterday so I opted for a no cook dinner. I made a large salad with tuna and garlic bread.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

The Reddit r/keto channel folks keep talking about the Aldi keto-friendly buns, so I stopped in the other day to see if our Aldi had them. They did, and also a keto-friendly white bread, 11 carbs/slice but 0 net carbs after subtracting insoluble fiber. I got both, but will freeze most of the buns, since they're 8 to a pack. The brand on both is L'Oven Fresh, whether it can be found other than at Aldi is unclear.

I had a slice of the white bread, toasted, with some peanut butter for lunch, not bad. No odd flavors masking the taste of the peanut butter.

So tonight we're planning BLT's to give this bread the acid test.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had potato salad, coleslaw and rotisserie chicken.

Mike it's good to know on the Keto bread, I've never tried it.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

On Tuesday, we had a break from the heat with morning rain that gave us 1/10th of an inch. I took advantage of the slight break to make and can four (8 oz.) and one (4 oz.) jars of Black Raspberry Jan, which is our absolute favorite. I used the black raspberries from our terrace (about 3 pints), along with the nearly 2-quarts that I picked at one of our woodlands on Sunday. I had hoped to have enough to make a second batch, but I only had 3 cups of mashed fruit, even after scavenging the bushes on the terrace for today's ripe ones, and I needed another cup. I will go back to the woodlands in the early morning tomorrow and pick more so that I can finish the second batch. I will pick as many additional ones as I can. We have not had a good black raspberry season for several years.

I made a farro stir-fry for Tuesday's dinner by sauteing chopped celery, sliced mushrooms, and grated carrot, then adding the diced leftover maple glazed pork tenderloin, and using half a cup of boiling water to clean out the storage dish in order to incorporate the rest of the glaze. I added just a bit more maple syrup. I would have added red bell pepper if I had had it.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Well, the BLTs tasted like BLTs, even though the bacon was a bit strange, which wasn't the bread's fault. It's a small loaf, half-gone already, but I'm very likely to buy it again. It was reasonably priced, too. Now we'll see if we finish the loaf before it starts to go bad, though it had a freshness date of 6/28 when I bought it last Saturday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.