What are You Cooking the Week of July 9, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 9, 2017?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'm not sure how much I will be cooking in the coming week, as we finish up for the final move to Indiana, but I look forward to reading about everyone else's cooking!

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Sunday I cooked fried chicken,rice and gravy and dry lima beans and made a no bake Peanut Butter pie was very good and light.I didn't have a graham cracker crust but had graham crackers so I made my crust and put in 9x13 dish.The recipe said it made two pies but I did only 1 dish so good tastes like eating a candy bar or a nutty buddy ice cream.

No bake Peanut Butter Pie Allrecipes by Megan5
        1-8oz.cream cheese softened
        1 & 1/2-cup confectioners sugar
        1-cup peanut butter
        1-cup milk (I used only half cup)
        1-16oz. coolwhip
        2-graham cracker shells 9"
        1.Beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar with mixer.Add peanut butter and milk beat till smooth.Fold in whipped topping.Spoon in 2 shells cover and freeze.I added criss cross design of Hershey's syrup and this was really easy and so good.Let it set out a few minutes before you cut it.

BakerAunt hope you have an easy week and your moving goes well.

Today I made fried cubed pork,macaroni and tomatoes and green beans.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Joan Simpson.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

Today I made pancakes with cherries.

cherrypancake

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've been on the road, so no cooking or baking for me.

But I did have a few great meal experiences. One of them was in Wyoming, where we stopped for lunch at a small town and found a great restaurant. I'll post more about that later.

The other was a soup I had the last two days, a sunchoke cheddar soup that was just incredible, creamy and smooth, almost like an alfredo sauce. I've asked the chef for the recipe, if I get it I'll post it, otherwise I may have to go searching for a recipe elsewhere.

I've also been promoting My Nebraska Kitchen at the International Master Gardeners Conference, so if some Master Gardeners show up here, please welcome them.

rottiedogs
            Participant

The pizza man is on his way for tonight's dinner but earlier this week we had grilled pork chops and corn on the cob with potato salad. I also grilled up some Polish because I didn't get them last week and I really had a taste for them. Had macaroni salad with the Polish.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We realized yesterday that we had packed all the frying pans, but my husband was able to do a reasonable job with pork chops in the microwave.

cwcdesign
                Participant

So Sunday I tried Crockpot Fiesta Chicken and Rice, despite the fact it used a can of cream of chicken soup. I decided to put my ChefAlarm probe in one of the chicken breasts to cook it by temp. It took 2 ½ hours at high (I started late). It is definitely a keeper chicken, rice, beans, corn, cheese, etc. But I do have to adapt my slow cooker times.

Tuesday I made a sheet pan scampi and then I tried the sheet pan BLT salad again - I think I prefer straight up BLTs. Last night I put together a mini antipasto and tonight made a panini with leftover cold cuts.

It's been so hot and I've been working a lot so haven't felt much like cooking.

BakerAunt - when do you leave?

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the market, but I cooked some pasta in leftover broth from a pork roast that I found in the freezer.

Cwcdesign--We are a couple of days behind, but we expect to leave on Tuesday morning and arrive on Wednesday evening.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

My brother came over and I fired up the bbq and made brats and steak. And a huge salad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.