What are you cooking the week of July 8, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of July 8, 2018?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

The last of the BBQ for sandwiches is now gone!!!!Yay!

chocomouse
      Participant

We had a ham steak cooked on the grill, with leftover potato salad, leftover baked beans, and a salad of tomato, cucumber, and onion with Italian dressing.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by chocomouse.
        chocomouse
        Participant

Today I made egg salad sandwiches, on mixed grains bread, for dinner. And for snacking, I made Puddingwiches. Does anyone remember them from the early 80s? I made them often for my two children - a nice cold snack on a hot afternoon. Today I used chocolate graham crackers, which I never heard of in the 80s, so I think they made only the "original" grahams back then. For the filling, I beat peanut butter with the milk and added instant, sugar-free chocolate pudding mix. I put them in the freezer for a couple of hours. My grand-daughter came to mow the lawn, and was happy to be a taste-tester! They are delicious!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Saturday night’s dinner was another stir-fry with buckwheat noodles to use up the remaining three boneless pork chops. I had different vegetables on hand this time, but stir-fry is great for improvisation. I started by sautéing in grapeseed oil some sliced onion separated into rings. I then added large cut chunks of mini carrots. After a couple of minutes, I added chunky sliced mushrooms, then chunks of zucchini (about the size of the carrots). I added the cut-up pork to start warming it, and finally the snow peas. (Both the snow peas and the zucchini came from the farmers’ market in our small town.) I added the pork drippings that I’d saved (pan is deglazed with a bit of white wine and some water), then stirred in the cooked buckwheat noodles.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I made fresh chicken salad for a sandwich and chips.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I made fresh chicken salad for a sandwich and chips.
                Chocomouse the puddingwiches sounds good.I love cold desserts!

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

When we were in Pittsburgh we discovered Blaze Pizza's classic red sauce has no garlic in it. There's one in Lincoln that opened recently, so we had that tonight. Nearly every other pizza place in town has red sauce that just reeks of garlic, and their white sauce is usually even more garlicky, despite the fact that a classic Alfredo sauce has NO GARLIC IN IT AT ALL! (In fact, the original Alfredo sauce had no cream in it, either, just cheese.)

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Strip steaks on the grill today, served with pasta salad.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.