What are you Cooking the Week of July 3, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 3, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Burgers on the grill plus sweet corn tonight. And maybe some cherry pie later on.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I pan fried two floured pork chops ,made onion gravy then put them in my roasting pan and baked for 1& 1/2 hours in the gravy, we had rice and green beans to go with them.Pork chops was fork tender.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce that was in the freezer and I made garlic toast.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I don't know what we're doing for supper, probably picking something up. I'm dealing with some sewer backup issues in the basement--again, I just don't think I'm going to have energy or interest in cooking. (This is probably the 4th time in the last few years I've had to deal with sewer water in the basement, the expensive part isn't the plumber, it's the clean up service to do the floors and get under the hot tub with steam and sanitizers.)

BakerAunt
            Participant

Sorry to hear about your house problem, Mike. Any chance of a permanent solution, or will you have to live with it continuing to occur?

My husband pan-cooked pork tonight. I made some bulgur cooked in frozen turkey broth, and we had fresh green beans from our garden.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

They used a reamer fitted with a TV camera to see what the inside of the pipe is like.

The plumbers are going to do something to clean out the cast iron pipes under the house on Monday, that might help. The PVC pipes outside looked OK, except that they aren't totally level anymore (after 25 years) so there are some hills and valleys, though that doesn't appear to be where things are clogging up. Digging the outside line up to redo it would be a major job.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Dang Mike that's a problem no one wants.Sure hope you get it fixed soon and the cleanup goes smooth.Very few people here in the south have basements, I wish we did.

We had taco salad tonight.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I think we're having tuna salad on a tomato tonight. We've got a big (12.85 ounce) tomato from the local veg stand that needs to get used soon.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

A few weeks ago, we found a 10 lb. turkey at the local grocery store for $1.34 a pound, bought it, and stuck it in the freezer. [Remember how none of us could find a small turkey last Thanksgiving?] I put it in the refrigerator to thaw when we went away on our trip, and it was ready to roast for Friday night’s dinner. I made the All-American Potato Salad to go with it (using green onion tops from the pot my husband is growing), as well as gravy from the turkey drippings, and we had microwaved fresh broccoli. Today was rainy and cooler, so it was a good day to roast a turkey

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner was grilled chicken thighs, potatoes roasted on the grill, a green salad from the deck planters, and the last of the broccoli salad.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight my husband had canned soup and fries, I had a leftover hamburger and fries.

I made pie crusts yesterday so I made a cherry pie for dessert tonight.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Our plan for tonight is burgers on the grill, and probably some kind of salad.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

On Saturday, I made yogurt. I also made broth from the bones of yesterday's turkey and those from a chicken that I had in the freezer. Our dinner was leftover turkey and potato salad and microwaved frozen peas.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Our dinner was grilled salmon, wild rice, and steamed broccoli.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

All this talk about cherry pie has given me a taste for it. So, yesterday I bought a 1/2 cherry pie from Whole Foods.

Tonight I had a hamburger, carrots and a slice of cherry pie.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.